Friday, January 8, 2016

Stand up workstation



I have been doing a lot of research this year on the benefits of standing!  There is quite a bit of research out there on the correlations between standing and improved focus, higher test scores, lower obesity rates, and few behavioral challenges.  While this class is probably not the best class to test out these things since they are such an easy going, academically strong class to begin with; I thought it couldn't hurt!  So I got a stand-up workstation donated to our class that can accommodate 5 learners at a time!  I am also in the process of writing grants to try to receive funding for more of these stations to be used in other classes around the school.  They are amazing and the kids are loving it!  And I am loving seeing the kids get to move more, have more control over their learning environment, and use such great problem solving skills to determine how the station will be used!

No comments:

Post a Comment