Friday, April 6, 2018

I made it back from Uganda!

Boy did I miss our class!  I had a wonderful time in Uganda though!  I was able to work with kindergarten teachers at a school called Musana in a village in the district of Iganga!  We worked on incorporating books into the classroom which is not something Ugandans do!  I feel like we made some great breakthroughs!  AND...I learned a ton too!  Uganda is a culture of songs, chants, and celebrations and I learned all kinds of great way to uplift and celebrate the kiddos in my class!
We did a Venn diagram in class today to see what is the same and what is different about kindergarten in Uganda and Colorado!
Eating a Ugandan favorite...jackfruit!

Reading with kids in the nursery school!

A kindergarten classroom!

Learning a new song with Teacher Harriet!

Visiting with some of the older students!

We had an egg hunt for Easter!

Running out to find eggs!

Teacher Sarah is reading to her preschool kiddos!

We visited the Nile River!

We did some professional development with the little kid teachers and watched some videos of me teaching some lessons to my class!

No comments:

Post a Comment