Friday, April 24, 2015

Handing out Reusable Bags!

"It was so fun!  I gave my bag to 2 policemen!" -E.P.
"I got to give a bag to my grandma.  She really liked it and used it at the store.  I blocked people so they couldn't get past me and they had to listen to what I had to say!" -C.L.
"I had 2 partners. I liked to run past them to get to the people first. It was so fun to hand out bags!" -R.C.

"I was nervous at first but it got better when people said yes!" -L.R.
"At first I was really nervous but once 5 people said yes it started getting better. It made me laugh when people said no because they had too many bags because they weren't even using them." -A.H.
"The first time I did it I was a little scared. I kept doing it and that made me not scared.  I really liked giving the bags away!"- J.D.


"One guy said no before I even asked anything.  That was weird." -R.H.

"If you are shy you can just stand next to a partner...that helps!" -K.H.


"I thought to myself...don't be shy!  Just smile! It made me feel really happy when people said yes" -M.R. 

"I was kind of nervous at first then I wasn't shy anymore.  Not many people said yes though and that made me sad. I liked when people said yes and asked questions because then I got to know them!' -C.W.
"Thanks for making me a world changer Ms. Baker!" -B.N.

These kids are my new heroes!  They did such an amazing job with our service learning project.  From creating a survey to graphing the results to learning how and why we need to make less trash to designing bags to finally being able to hand out free bags...THEY ARE AWESOME!  I was so proud of how clearly they spoke, how brave they were, how well they handled rejection, how they didn't let anyone take them away from their world changing mission, how polite they were, and how big their smiles were the whole time!  WAY TO GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment